Vice President, Media Relations – Corporate
New York, New York, United States
Weber Shandwick New York is seeking a Vice President to join its Integrated Media capability and work on one of its biggest accounts that spans mainly across the Corporate practice. The ideal candidate will have agency and some corporate experience.
- Develop overarching and tactical earned media strategies for account, including campaign activations, executive visibility, thought leadership and ongoing efforts
- Generate long-term plans and program recommendations for clients and oversee and play active part in execution
- Help generate creative and integrated ideas and opportunities, as part of planning
- Maintain daily client contact for all media executions
- Actively participate in an integrated agency team, as a PR representative with a focus on media results
- Develop KPI measurement strategy for campaigns and deliver on them
- Experience in placing corporate/marketing brand and executive leadership stories
- Ability to multitask on a fast-paced account, providing one-off media POVs to clients’ in a timely manner
- Account for quality control and review of client correspondence, proposals, press materials, messaging Q&As, etc.
- Lead media account team through activations, and develop jr. media talent on the team
- Attend account reviews and staff meetings – provide ongoing communications and feedback
- Participate in team staffing activities, including reviewing resumes and interviewing candidates
- Assist to with the leadership of of the agency media team by developing jr. media talent and providing strategic inputs across the group and accounts
- 8+ years public relations experience focusing on media relations in corporate
- Bachelors Degree
- PR agency experience
- Proven media relations skills, including developing strategy, building and maintaining media relationships and pitching and landing stories
- Experience leading large scale, integrated activations and campaigns
- Strong writer – ability to craft messages and story narratives for both trade and consumer audiences
- Strong managerial skills – ability to manage and prioritize multiple work streams and staff
- Proven experience working within an IAT
- Strong presentation skills
- Must be proactive and flexible, a team player able to work in a fluid environment with changing priorities
- Proven skill in client strategy and team leadership
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.