Senior Associate, Client Experience Digital (Healthcare)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
About the Digital Health Practice: The Digital Health team is an entrepreneurial, energized group of more than 50 strategists around the world who offer a unique understanding of both the healthcare and digital landscapes. The team uses this knowledge to push our pharmaceutical clients forward in the digital and social space, leading to some of the most progressive, award-winning work in the industry. In fact, our programs have been featured on-stage at Cannes, and also as the recipient of a number of industry awards including SABRES, CLIOs, Stevie’s, Communique and PR News, among others. The Digital Health team manages a great deal of global integrated campaigns, social activations, and digital consulting assignments – everything from mobile best practices to emerging tech to digital innovation to social content, targeting and measurement. We are also the digital and social AOR for several major Rx brands, which means we lead both digital development, strategy and branded social media execution.
We are hiring a Senior Associate in our Boston Office to serve as a primary day-to-day client contact and manage multiple account teams, efficiently servicing each of these accounts simultaneously. S/he possesses a thorough understanding of the client's business, industry, and issues and serves as a trusted strategic counselor to senior clients.
- Implement digital health engagement campaigns for our top-tier pharmaceutical clients
- Implement social content publishing models for clients, including educating (and selling) clients on content creation/syndication, paid amplification and building/overseeing an editorial team that can scale as required.
- Design and implement interactive elements of complex digital/social media engagement campaigns, collaborating with traditional and digital media leadership teams.
- Participate in new business pitch development and presentations.
- Understand industry issues that directly and indirectly affect the client, particularly the regulatory landscape and its implications on the healthcare industry’s use of social media.
- Identify ways in which to measure success against campaign goals and achievable outcomes.
- Determine methods for which to obtain that data and present the key measurements and analysis to clients as well as internal account and management staff.
- Oversee content production from concept to execution.
- Oversee community management to maximize engagement and advocacy for brands
- Bachelor's Degree; 3-5+ years related professional experience
- Candidate should possess a thorough command of the social media and digital world, including a firm understanding of the current regulatory environment for pharmaceutical companies
- Understanding of healthcare industry, particularly pharma
- Knowledge of digital health trends
- Knowledge of patient, HCP, caregiver online behavior
- Knowledge of regulatory environment as it pertains to unbranded programs
- Ability to convince legal, medical and regulatory to allow for certain types of programming/channels
- Ability to successfully present program recommendations, and establish relationships with senior clients as a trusted advisor
- Possess superb execution and management skills: specifically, the ability to allocate resources effectively, structure teams and deliver programs with excellence.
- Is experienced in managing and grooming junior staff, advising senior clients and being responsible for delivery of programs on time, and on budget with superior results
- Have a deep background and proven ability to create and manage large, digital projects including, but not limited to, content and video production, web design and development, community management, social media monitoring and media outreach.
- Understand the intersection of paid, owned and earned media within digital campaign orchestration.
- Provide strategic, value-added counsel to clients to consistently introduce new ideas and approaches. Then, implement and educate internal staff, existing and prospective clients on these new media resources and technologies, programs, and activities.
- Is plugged into emerging social media and digital strategy trends, can put them into context and educate/sell client on implementation
- Interactive or digital PR agency experience is preferred, but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, online services, and AP style writing is essential
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.