Senior Associate, Media Relations (Consumer)
New York, New York, United States
The Consumer Practice at Weber Shandwick New York has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Associate, Integrated Media / Media Relations to join our team. We are looking for a collaboration-minded person with excellent expertise in successfully engaging media professionals, as well as digital/social media skills to help support a variety of accounts.
• Develop public relations and media relations action plans, including goals and objectives, media targets, pitch angles and engagement approaches that require input from senior team leadership
• Provide input on influencer relations marketing campaigns and tactics
• Persuasively pitch media and earn high-profile coverage for clients
• Serve as a day-to-day client contact during program execution, as appropriate
• Develop and manage timelines and weekly action plans to ensure all deadlines on client programs are met
• Break down and manage detailed tasks with the account team associated with planning and implementing special public relations events
• Anticipate and proactively offer solutions to senior team leadership for executional issues specific to assigned programs
• Coach and mentor more junior team members
• Interact with senior management and input into tactics and strategies
• Manage program and project budgets
• 4+ years of communications experience, preferably in an agency environment
• Strong media and influencer relations skills and relationships at the national, regional and trade/vertical level
• Previous consumer packaged goods and related industries experience
• Excellent communication/presentation skills; verbal and written
• Strong attention to detail and project management skills
• Open to giving and receiving constructive and respectful feedback in a timely manner
• Desire to continuously learn new skills and knowledge, and willingness to always share skills and knowledge with team members as well as clients
• Commitment to personal accountability
• At least a Bachelor’s degree preferably in communications, journalism, international relations, or a related field
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.