Freelance Vice President, Planning
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Vice President, Planning (6-month contract)
If you’re an amazing brand planner with a passion for politics, luxury consumer brands, technology and healthcare (or some combination of those!), we should talk. Weber Shandwick is looking for a Vice President, Planning, based in our Washington, D.C. office, to fuel the creative strategy for a diverse portfolio of fast-moving integrated marketing accounts. This is a 6-month position to lead work while a colleague is on medical leave, but it has the potential to become permanent.
About you: You are endlessly curious about consumer mindsets and the drivers of behavior change. You’re savvy to the nuances of politics. You think and write clearly, and you understand diverse media platforms and technology. You can frame a problem, develop succinct “ah ha” insights, and explain what it all means in a compelling story. You’re open-minded, battle-tested, inclusive and empathetic. And you can quickly pivot with the unpredictability of today’s business, political and cultural environments.
This is a month-in-the-life:
- Drive the strategic development of creative strategies for a portfolio of spirits brands, a national union and a major technology company
- Assist in the crafting and evaluation of primary quantitative and qualitative research to segment audiences, identify influencers and uncover insights
- Leverage emerging insights and events to re-shape assignments, and optimize campaign strategies based on performance data
- Develop and present clear and engaging client reports and presentations
- Use in-house subscription data tools like Simmons, Quid, Mintel and others
- Actively contribute to client meetings, creative brainstorms and strategy sessions
- Cultivate fruitful relationships with key decision-makers across the business including creative and digital strategists, research/analytics experts, and account teams
- Serve as a senior temporary member of the planning team, and mentor talented and eager junior staff
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.