Chicago, Illinois, United States
Weber Shandwick is looking for a Senior Planner to join our Strategy Practice in Chicago.
The Senior Planner will support the Weber Shandwick Strategy Team and report directly to the VP of Strategy. This person is a “whole brain thinker” who unearths and connects disparate quantitative and qualitative data points into coherent, evidence-based arguments in support of strategies that inspire our creative teams. The candidate must also be adept at collaborating with digital, creative and account teams throughout the organization to advance and package ideas for Weber clients.
This is the ideal position for someone who enjoys digging for information, developing hypotheses, working with incomplete information (yes – you get to make stuff up!) and has a nose for both the culture at large and for business.
About the Role:
- Work closely with the EVP of Strategy to support strategic development for key accounts
- Conduct both, primary and secondary, quantitative and qualitative research for existing and potential clients
- Turn observations into insights
- Support responses to new business opportunities and RFPs
- Assist in the development of presentations, client decks and pitches
- Perform business analysis, data mining, and visual storytelling
- Actively contribute to client meetings, creative brainstorms and strategy sessions
- Cultivate fruitful relationships with key decision-makers across the business including CRLs, creative and digital strategists, research/analytics experts, and account teams
- Manage and train more junior strategic planning team members (within strategy team and on client teams)
- 3-6 years of relevant/agency experience
- Demonstrated ability to construct an argument supported by evidence
- An active curiosity about brands and culture
- Evidence of commercial instinct – how businesses actually work to make money
- Knowledge of the media landscape and marketing communications industry
- Able to manage multiple challenging projects for various clients from concept to completion on time and within budget
- Lead peer set in business writing, storytelling and oral communication
- Strong time management, project management and organizational skills
- Meaningfully contribute to a civil, fast paced and positive energy environment
- Enough poise to work with multiple creative and account people across diverse skill levels and disciplines
- Proactive, self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.