Junior Associate, Client Experience, Corporate
New York, New York, United States
Weber Shandwick is looking for an Junior Associate (Assistant Account Executive level) to join our Corporate team in New York.
We Are Seeking
An ambitious and detail-oriented Junior Associate for its New York Corporate team who wants to be part of a dedicated and engaged practice that creates smart corporate communications solutions for a wide range of clients. The ideal candidate will have some experience (academic and/or internship) in PR/journalism and exhibits a passion for working with teams to deliver innovative programs and executional excellence. The candidate will provide support for multiple client engagement teams and be responsible for media relations services, writing, research and account management assistance.
- Provide operational support on client projects, as directed
- Develop media materials (press releases, pitch emails, reporter backgrounders, bylined articles)
- Develop targeted media lists, pitch, and learn/follow clients' priority media: top-tier, trade, social influencers
- Develop social media strategies and content
- Participate in client meetings and/or teleconferences, accurately capture meeting notes, next steps
- Accurately maintain executional tools, trackers and reporting
- Share results of the work in a structured way
- Engage, as appropriate, with client contacts
- Support multiple client programs
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Timely communication of significant issues and challenges
- Confident presenter and persuasive speaker
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial and endlessly curious
- PR agency/journalism internship experience
- Available to work a full-time schedule
- Professional demeanor
- Meticulous attention to detail and quality
- Resourceful and effective problem solver
- Exceptional judgement when working with team members, client contacts and vendors
- Team player
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.