Account Director (Corporate Affairs)
London, England, United Kingdom
Weber Shandwick are excited to be growing the team and looking for an Account Director to join our growing Corporate Affairs practice in London. The successful applicant will act as a day-to-day lead for one of our largest most prestigious global clients whilst managing and motivating an international team to produce high quality, engaging programmes of work for them.
We are looking for an experienced corporate communications professional who has a strong background in consultancy alongside commercial awareness and an entrepreneurial spirit. You will be given significant flexibility and support, to shape and develop the role as you work on existing clients and help identify and lead new business (with a big focus on sustainability) in the future.
The core of the role
You will be the day-to-day lead supported by a Director on one of our flagship global clients in the energy, manufacturing and industrials sectors. You will have responsibility for managing client relationships, providing senior counsel, identifying opportunities for the client, setting programmes of work and ensuring activity is delivered by the whole client team across multiple markets.
Key areas of expertise and experience will include corporate reputation, media relations, strategic advisory and sustainability.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the delivery of high-profile account across multiple international markets
- Develop and grow positive relationships with clients, maintaining the company's reputation in terms of delivery and quality
- Provide strategic counsel to clients where possible, being able to assess problems and define logical and effective solutions for clients
- Brief and inform account teams. Communicate expectations/goals to the team on an ongoing basis, helping to keep the team motivated by communicating clear tasks and actions
- Work effectively with finance colleagues to deliver accurate quotations for all client projects or new business work
- Write well-structured, persuasive copy and help train other team colleagues to do the same
- Contribute innovative ideas for the client and new business work, inspiring ideation amongst team members
- Work successfully with partner agencies as part of a client integrated agency team, both internally at WS and externally
Who are you?
- An excellent communicator, you will build connections quickly with the people around you
- Strategic mindset – you will be able to anticipate potential roadblocks and keep ahead of the curve with emerging trends
- Highly organized with proven project management skills, leading multiple teams, as well as interagency, to deliver work that is on brief, on time, and on budget
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to ensure profitability, avoiding over-servicing
- High-quality content skills
- First-rate presentation skills; accomplished at delivering successful pitches
- Curious with a drive to deliver new and premier work for the agency and client
- Proven experience in corporate reputation ideally within an agency environment
- Experience in environmental sustainability
Note from the talent team:
We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, down to volume, we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us, unfortunately, you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
Weber Shandwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.