Associate (Account Executive) – Public Affairs
London, England, United Kingdom
Weber Shandwick is excited to be seeking a talented Associate to join our Public Affairs team. Working across a portfolio of leading businesses, you will be delivering campaigns that help our clients to navigate an unprecedented time of political change and uncertainty.
This role will offer great exposure to our clients in the UK and Europe. The ideal candidates will have a thirst for politics and a desire to work on the cutting edge of the way it impacts global businesses.
What will you be doing?
- Policy and stakeholder research, and drafting analysis for our clients
- Managing political engagement programmes
- Drafting briefings for politicians and other stakeholders
- Managing outreach to the political and business media as part of integrated campaigns
- Working with our designers and video team to develop digital content that will be used in a political setting
- Building your network of political and business contacts
- Managing political and stakeholder events
- Working with polling companies, academics and other research organisations
Who are you?
- Previous experience working in Parliament, government, for a political party, at a think tank or similar organisation
- An analytical mind with an ability to cut through information and find what really matters to clients
- An excellent communicator and exceptional writing skills
- Good organisational and project management skills.
Even Better If:
- Campaign experience, either for a political party or campaigning organisation
- Experience working in public affairs, either at an agency or in-house
Note from the talent team:
We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, down to volume, we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us, unfortunately, you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.