Executive Vice President, Client Experience, Healthcare
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Executive Vice President & DC Healthcare Team Lead
Powell Tate, the specialty public affairs unit of Weber Shandwick, is seeking an EVP and DC Healthcare Team Lead based in our Washington, D.C. office.
This leader will have responsibility for the growth and delivery of a portfolio of best-in-class work on complex healthcare issues, spanning access and cost, product communications, global health, public health, wellness and more. In addition to leading a team and client work in DC, this colleague will be an active partner across Weber Shandwick’s NA and global network.
This role reports to the president of Powell Tate.
About the Role
The EVP will set the standard for excellence in integrated healthcare communications, fueling bold and creative client work that drives impact, while opening pathways for team learning, development and growth.
This colleague will lead one of Washington, D.C.’s top healthcare public affairs teams. The EVP will collaborate closely with other DC team leads and issue experts for core focus areas, including public affairs, corporate and social impact, as well as analytics, strategy and planning, creative and digital innovation.
We are looking for someone who sees patterns that others don’t, who pushes for innovation, and who is constantly curious about what’s next in healthcare, and in what drives people to action. Someone who is savvy about how to shape winning healthcare public affairs strategies, craft patient advocacy programs and public health engagement campaigns.
Most importantly, we are looking for someone who wants to put their strategic skills to work driving engagement for healthcare clients and on important issues, who is highly collaborative, and who is willing to grow and lead a team doing bold new things.
- Serve as the DC lead for the healthcare team
- Engage deeply in our business as a senior counselor to top-tier clients
- Partner across agency teams to deliver cutting-edge integrated healthcare communications
- Lead and participate in new business pitch development and presentations in DC and across the network to drive growth
- Manage several direct reports, ensuring successful performance and growth
- Collaborate with senior colleagues to guide career development plans for staff
- Be an active participant in DC senior leadership team to shape its future and growth
- Collaborate with North America and global healthcare teams to guide the future of Weber Shandwick and Powell Tate’s healthcare offering
- Evolve and accelerate the DC office’s healthcare offerings in response to changing market trends and patient, provider and regulatory issues
- Provide company-wide insight on emerging trends and developments as they impact the healthcare sector
- Engage as an industry thought leader, both internally and externally
- A minimum of 12+ years of experience counseling clients on public affairs issues and leading cutting-edge communications programs across a diverse set of healthcare issues and clients
- Savvy in presenting strategic recommendations and establishing trusted relationships
- Superb management skills to allocate resources effectively, guide teams and deliver excellent, complex integrated programs in a timely manner
- Proven experience building teams, managing and mentoring staff and working collaboratively in a team setting
- Strong command of how paid, owned and earned media intersect, and the increasing role of data analytics in communications programming
- Solid working knowledge of technology and platforms, particularly the implications of emerging technology in the healthcare industry
- Understanding of regulatory guidelines & governance requirements
- Strong understanding of the health policy landscape and the political environment in which those policies are developed, debated and implemented
- Experience implementing branded and unbranded social campaigns
- Ability to assess feasibility of an idea or creative concept in a regulatory environment
- Relationships within the healthcare industry across patient, provider and trade associations
- Passion for driving transformational work
Powell Tate is the DC-based public affairs unit of the Weber Shandwick network. Built for the age of perpetual disruption, we are nimble. Data-driven. And led by people who understand fast-changing politics, complex policy debates, emerging cultural trends and digital transformation. We solve complex business, policy and social issues. Learn more at https://www.powelltate.com/.
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.