Senior Financial Planning and Analyst (EMEA)
London, England, United Kingdom
The Weber Shandwick EMEA financial planning and analytics team are growing and looking for a Senior Financial Planning and Analyst (EMEA) to join the team. As a whole the team are responsible for production, consolidation and management of budgeting and internal management reports for the EMEA region that is made up of approx. 20 regional offices and multiple brands within the group.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for setting deadlines and managing the WS EMEA region’s submission of annual and quarterly budgets to meet US deadlines. Preparing presentation packs for the offices to submit, reviewing their presentations, analysing and querying variances before consolidating and presenting at an EMEA level to senior management.
- Prepare fortnightly consolidated forecasts, analyse and explain variances against budgets and risks to future revenue achievement and deliver outcome to senior management in appropriate format.
- Collect and prepare Monthly reports of prior month performance across the EMEA businesses, including analysis of variances.
- Consolidate full year forecasts on a monthly basis and analyzing risks in markets and questioning and reviewing where these can be mitigated to meet the budgets for the year.
- Monthly reviews with regional offices.
- Collate details of new business opportunities along with probability of these converting into revenues.
- Inputting of data to Hyperion (forecasts, budgets etc) and the use of Hyperion in reporting.
- Managing the books of corporate cost centre, reconciling payroll and ensuring that costs adhere to budgets, together with responsibility over month end close and overseeing members of the team in reviewing postings and approving GL journals & accruals etc. Preparing annual and quarterly budget for the corporate cost centre.
- Responsible for overseeing invoicing of affiliate arrangements across Europe ensuring billings are kept up to date and advising offices when referral fees can be claimed, ensuring reports on progress are available upon senior management request. Monthly meetings with AP on outstanding affiliate debts.
- Reviewing when new clients meet the threshold to become globally tracked and requesting this to be set up.
- Consolidating and reporting on practice revenues and the material clients within those practices.
- Overseeing members of the EMEA reporting team in preparing monthly reports on new business won, running and sending out reports to budget holders showing their spend within the year. Running and reviewing management reporting packs and keeping information within the system up to date. Reviewing and clearing WIP. Preparing client dashboards for key clients and liaising with the client leads on meeting budgets and reviewing risks.
- Become familiar with the general control environment that the company operates under as part of the wider IPG group and be able to advise based on this knowledge.
- Contributing to the continual improvement of the reporting function overall. Suggesting improvements to processes where applicable and discuss this with management.
Ideal experience required:
- Newly Qualified/Part Qualified ACCA/CIMA (Strategic level) or similar (Study support available)
- Financial services experience in a multi-national / multi-currency environment
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple concurrent tasks.
- Working with financial IT systems, SAP/BW, Hyperion Reporting and excellent proven Excel skills including V-look ups & Pivot tables.
- Attention to detail and ability to problem solve effectively.
- Energetic and a passion to learn and develop your accounting and finance skills.
- Experience in Communications/Media/PR industry advantageous but not essential
Note From The Talent Team
We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately down to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search