Public Relations Intern – Digital
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Weber Shandwick in Baltimore is seeking a class of smart, passionate and diverse thinkers to help us solve and create industry-defining work for a range of corporate, energy, healthcare, technology, and government agency clients.
Our virtual Fall 2020 internship is a full-time, paid program that offers an opportunity to shape data-driven, creative, integrated communications solutions while working closely with a team of dynamic professionals. Interns will gain practical experience as fully integrated members of client teams and will receive mentorship from team members to help advance their career goals.
Interns will have the opportunity to support work spanning a variety of practices and specialties.
Practice Areas: Analytics | Creative | Digital | Planning | Account & Project Management | Healthcare | Social Impact
Specialties: Energy | Healthcare | Technology | Government Agencies | Financial Services
What you will be doing:
- Research: Analyze consumer, policy and social issues; media coverage and social conversation
- Engage: Ask questions, offer perspectives, and share ideas in brainstorms and meetings
- Plan: Assist in shaping ideas, plus project management, helping to deliver best-in-class work
- Create: Help craft campaigns, communications plans and draft content
- Activate: Support multi-channel campaign implementation efforts
- Monitor: Track results across earned media, social channels and digital campaigns
What we are looking for:
- Values-driven: Our values are at the center of who we are—we’re looking for culture builders
- Diversity: We believe our agency and our work is stronger for our diversity
- Curiosity: We seek people who always want to learn more
- Communications savvy: We want people attuned to the fast-changing communications context
- Passion: We want to know what motivates you to do and be your best
- Graduation: You are a rising senior or post-grad (Grad year: 2020 or 2021).
- Availability: 32–40 hours a week from November 1 – January 31, 2021.
- Understanding of best practices related to social and digital marketing
- Prior experience using
- Experience using marketing automation platforms a plus
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
To apply please only submit:
- Cover Letter and Resume
- Applications without a resume and cover letter will not be considered. The deadline for this application is October 31, 2020. However, we encourage you to apply early as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.