Senior Vice President, Integrated Project Management
Detroit, Michigan, United States
SVP– Project Management & Business Operations Lead
The ideal candidate is an established subject matter expert in Project Management who has a proven record managing a complex, global portfolio of brands or clients. This position is expected to independently operationalize new or existing large-scale programs, driving executional excellence by implementing process, tools and templates that align with best practices within the Central region.
He/she is responsible for the optimization of team staff structure, ensuring the right skill sets are applied to the work to serve the business requirements, deliverable quality, and partners with the account leads to manage the financial health of the account.
The SVP, Project Management has the ability to confidently engage in tough conversations with internal team members, partners and clients, communicating a clear and concise POV that establishes Weber Shandwick as a trusted, strategic partner.
- Understands and contributes to setting priorities and meeting goals for practice and discipline-level financial-health. Lead on all financial management issues; responsible for client and internal budget reporting in partnership with agency account leads and finance leads
- Consistently partners with Client Finance leadership to track and report revenue and forecast to senior management. Partners with agency account, creative and finance lead to help facilitate accurate and realistic forecasts; actively manages any forecast mitigation as needed
- Works closely with Finance and Legal to properly vet all financial documents on account/portfolio/office to ensure documentation is adhering to best practices and requirements
- Routinely monitors financial performance of accounts to maximize revenue recognition and profit margin, collaborating with account leads and agency finance lead on account
- Responsible for the development, review or oversight of all estimates, job creation, fees, burn reports, invoices and establishes team process for effective financial management of the account
- Primary agency contact relative to financial management of the account (SOW development; monitoring and tracking deliverables and budgets; change management and reporting). Partners closely with agency account leads and finance lead
- Creates or reviews all statement of work documentation for the team; accountable for top-down and bottom-up budgets to ensure scopes accurately reflect required work effort
- Knows when a change order is needed and prepares the paper work and rationale; account team to communicate the change proactively to the client
- Develops timelines, calendars and other client-facing documents as required
- Maintains staffing org chart across GM account (LA, DET, NY, DAL)
- Identifies needs on business for delivery support and appropriately aligns resources against those needs
- Empowered to direct creative team workload and manage client deliverables
- Review overall staff and utilization metrics and layer in real-time data vs forecast to project potential risks or adjustments. Manages workload and resourcing across creative, social, and earned AOR
- Partners with cross-practice leads to identify and manage resource needs
- Partners with agency account lead to manage team on-boarding processes
- Supervises and mentors assigned delivery managers, project managers or producers
- Supports in educating the team on roles and responsibilities, process and templates
- Helps to support client new-business opportunities
- Demonstrates strong, professional work ethic
- Accountable for contract management (client, vendor, and inter-company issues)
- Accountable to GM account leadership and reports into Project Management
- Well-versed in budget, scope and resource management
- Considered an expert in digital work and understands other mediums well enough to develop project plans, scopes of work, and budgets
- Provides a breadth of process and business skills as well as hands-on experience that fosters credibility and drives thought leadership
- Able to negotiate conflict, manage differences of opinion, and communicate effectively
- Uses excellent interpersonal and listening skills
Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of professional project management experience in an agency setting, preferably in digital marketing (including social, paid media, influencer relations and dynamic content development and distribution). Experience in public relations, management consulting is a plus but not required.
- Expert skills in scoping, pricing, and scheduling projects from both a bottom up and top down approach
- Ideal candidate should have familiarity with different types of programs and deliverables, such as strategic planning, creative ideation, video, social and editorial content, digital, event–based programs, and vendor management.
- Ability to assess existing processes and identify opportunities to increase efficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal team members across multiple disciplines and levels, instilling confidence and trust in your abilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Effective negotiation and conflict management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel, and Powerpoint
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.