Vice President, Client Experience – Healthcare
New York, New York, United States
Vice President, Healthcare
The Weber Shandwick New York Office is currently seeking a Vice President for its Healthcare Practice.
The Vice President is responsible for managing client and inter-agency relationships, playing a critical role in determining the future and long-term success of our Health Practice. The VP will be responsible for all aspects of a client relationship and account team. He/She will supervise one big piece of business with multiple work streams and team members. Other responsibilities include recommending programs and activities coordinating with client's goals, effectively delegating projects, offering counsel to team members and allocating agency resources to match client budgets. VPs are also engaged with business development, strategic program planning and the development of creative concepts. The ideal candidate will have healthcare experience with a proven track record of managing branded and unbranded campaigns with media and third party partnerships.
If you are a project management whiz who’s excited about managing talented junior staff members, building strong relationships with clients, and taking your PR career to the next level on a team that’s dynamic, creative, smart and fun, then we want to talk to you.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day client support and counsel
- Facilitating integration efforts with other agency partners
- Driving communications support around campaigns
- Working across internal specialists including media, digital and creative
- Working with senior counselors on strategy
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years related professional experience (5-6 years of which should be at a PR Agency)
- Pharmaceutical and/or biotech drug development experience required
- FDA approval experience is also preferred
- Oncology experience a plus
- New business development experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Internet and on-line services
- Can turn ideas into workable plans
- Capacity to convey ownership of assigned projects to junior team members
- Can solve conflict
- Can mobilize and motivate teams
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills
- Aptitude for financial analysis
- Can complete challenging projects within set parameters
- Exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors
- Commitment and dedication to the agency's success as well as individual career
- Can anticipate client and team needs
- Attention to detail and quality
- Instills confidence with clients and colleagues
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.