Detroit, Michigan, United States
The Producer is responsible for partnering with the Account and Creative teams to bid, estimate, contract and to lead the production of agency photo and video work. This position reports to a Senior Producer.
- Manage the Agency’s photo and video production process to ensure an efficient, reliable and accurate workflow.
- Responsible for managing all negotiations, contracts and payments as it relates to production and talent.
- Work closely with other producers, creatives and account teams to review work, resolve issues, and provide solutions.
- Closely review commercial and content concepts/scripts to advise on hiring talent, securing third party rights and ultimately contracting with all third parties and all performers: actors, voice overs, musicians, etc.
- Actively manage client budgets and provide solutions to help stay within client budget while producing best creative work.
- Review and write performer contracts, screen finished commercials to ensure all rights obtained, develop final cast reports and renegotiate contracts when necessary.
- Track and Manage license/usage agreements
- At least 2 years experience in Production/Talent Mgr.
- Experience with interactive, non-broadcast, social and ‘earned media’ productions is a plus.
- Innovative thinking is essential to manage the quickly evolving production environment and new media opportunities.
- Experience with administering celebrity contracts and music licenses is a plus.
- Able to build strong relationships in a team environment and see the bigger picture while not missing any of the details.
- Able to keep pace within our fast-paced and creative surroundings.
- Experience in video editing, directing, motion graphics and animation or sound engineering is a plus.
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.