Vice President, User Experience
New York, New York, United States
Weber Shandwick is seeking a UX Designer with expertise is user experience strategy and design in combination with the strong desire to create innovative interactive experiences across web and mobile.
You should be the ultimate user advocate with a passion for creating intuitive, scalable and innovative products, with a user-first mentality. As a part of a cross-functional team, you should be able to partner closely with account teams, strategy, analytics, content and editorial teams, visual designers and developers and be able to balance the push and pulls from each group throughout a project’s entirety.
You are a highly motivated self-starter who thrives in fast-paced, nimble environment. You actively stay on top of cutting-edge technologies, techniques, best practices and industry tools. This is a hands-on role and you should be adept at leading client presentations, stakeholder interviews, defining audience needs and feature sets, creating audience journeys, user personas, site maps, and wireframes—all driven by real audience insights—to help our wide range of non-profit, corporate, consumer, association and government clients achieve their business objectives.
- Lead definition, approach and implementation of Experience Design, aligning with our Experience Design lead
- Drive definition, formalize UX/UI requirements and manage UX quality across platforms and devices, including presenting approach and gaining alignment from clients
- Create all UX project deliverables (such as content audits, journeys, user personas, wireframes, site maps, functional annotations, etc.)
- Champion principles of user-centered design and usability and know when to bend the rules
- Partner with clients and account teams to create the best work, finding the intersection between client objectives and audience needs and ensure that the focus remains on the integrity of the experience
- Articulate the UX vision clearly while listening and considering other’s ideas across disciplines
- Stay up-to-date on interaction design standards, user experience best practices, latest technologies, design trends and social media advancements in order to support ongoing client opportunities
- Ability to analyze user research and web analytics data to inform and defend design decisions as well as integrate research and data into product requirements
- Ability to oversee junior or mid-level UX and Visual Designers
- Design experiences around scalable taxonomies and metadata tagging
- 7+ years of experience as a UX designer, information architect, product designer or in a similar role building digital products, with increasing responsibility
- Experience designing for web and/or app development
- An online portfolio that demonstrates ability to create innovative solutions for complex problems showing process not just final product
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
- Expertise in using Sketch, Omnigraffle, Photoshop and prototyping tools like Invision App and Proto.io
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and cost/benefit tradeoffs of different design solutions
- Broad knowledge of social media, public relations and digital marketing and communications
- Strong time management skills and ability to be self-directed when needed
- Bachelors degree in design, human-computer interaction or equivalent education experience.
- Experience working in client services, either at a digital agency or communications agency, specifically with content and editorial strategists
- Knowledge of SEO and SEM
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.