New York, New York, United States
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
The Weber Shandwick Editorial team is currently seeking an Editor to help us with content operations and strategy for a wide range of clients, from travel to healthcare to tech. We’re looking for someone who knows what makes a good story, and how to bring that story to life – whether on a website, on video or in a presentation. Our team thinks and operates differently than what you’d expect at an agency, and we pride ourselves on it.
This individual will be responsible for writing, content creation, publishing, managing editorial calendars and assisting with client assignments, strategies and editorial development. Candidates must have proven writing skills with digital publishing experience preferred, the ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
The Editor will work closely with the team to:
- Write, edit and manage day-to-day content operations for digital editorial accounts
- Manage editorial calendar and assist in content planning and strategy
- Assist wider team with content audits, brainstorms, research and other activities
- Think creatively and collaborate with other internal teams on digital and interactive assets
- Ensure all content is delivered according to Client style guide and on deadline
We’re interested in talking to candidates who have:
- 3-5 years of experience in an editorial capacity at a media outlet, agency or similar
- A creative mind with an instinct for good storytelling
- Experience in day-to-day digital editorial-management
- Experience in travel writing preferred but not essential.
- Familiarity and comfort with WordPress a plus
- The ability to work independently
- Positive, collaborative approach
- A desire to do things differently
- Powerpoint experience preferred
- Familiarity with using WordPress and CMS platforms
- Experience in analytics tools like Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics a plus
- Working knowledge of social media platforms
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.