Senior Associate, Media Relations
New York, New York, United States
Weber Shandwick is looking for a Senior Associate (SAE level) to join our Integrated Media team within our New York Consumer Practice.
We Are Seeking…
We are seeking a strong Senior Associate (Senior Account Executive level) to join our Integrated Media team within our Consumer Practice. Do you love the thrill of pitching, building media relationships, tracking the changing landscape, and immersing yourself in pop culture/trends? As a Senior Associate, you will have the opportunity to work on various top-tier consumer brands across categories, including consumer goods and spirits.
What You Will Be Doing
• Developing strong understandings of client businesses and target audiences, and working with multi-discipline teams to deliver solutions that meet program objectives
• Monitoring media outlets and reporter updates, understanding industry issues that directly and indirectly affect clients and analyzing and distilling meaningful insights from media coverage and trends
• Generating story ideas and angles, drafting media materials, and pitching media to land earned coverage
• Developing strategic messaging for clients and supporting creation of media plans and proposals that take an integrated approach to driving awareness with target audiences
• Uncovering all types of influential voices (advocates, YouTubers, forum moderators, social influencers, and other relatable voices) to impact clients, their brands and marketing goals.
• Providing thoughtful recommendations for content creation and distribution across multiple channels to support paid, owned and earned channels
• Serving as a role model to team members
• Participating in office-wide initiatives, seminars and meetings to further professional learning and development
• Actively participating in agency development and assisting with new business
Business Acumen – aligning talent strategies to drive business goals
Client Service – client focus and ability to build trust and rapport across all levels
Proactivity – exhibiting relentless pursuit for new and innovative talent strategies
Collaboration – building strong relationships at all levels across the organization
Critical Thinking – asking probing questions; anticipate and address critical talent gaps and needs
Conflict Resolution – possessing sound judgment and savvy in navigating and resolving complex talent, client and organizational issues
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.