Account Director, Organizational Transformation and Change Management
New York, New York, United States
About United Minds
United Minds is Weber Shandwick’s in-house management consultancy that helps clients transform their organizations, with a particular focus on the people side of change. We support change management; leader, manager and organizational enablement; employer brand development; diversity, equity and inclusion strategy and communications; and employee engagement.
Leveraging a deep bench of specialists, we work with leading global brands to deliver positive, lasting change with data-fueled strategy and counsel, engaging stakeholders in every part of the process. By tapping into the breadth of Weber Shandwick’s creative, communications and engagement expertise, United Minds has the unique ability to provide end-to-end solutions, from strategy to execution.
While we think and work globally and we are in the process of growing our network in Latin America, Asia and EMEA. We are a diverse team of management consultants, strategists and employee engagement experts committed to solving a wide range of complex challenges that our clients ask us to collaborate with them on.
We are looking for an Account Director of Organizational Transformation and Change Management, to join our North America team that can lead client-consulting projects, contribute to thought leadership, and participate in new business. United Minds operates across the agency’s broader network, effectively delivering access to the opportunities and resources that drive career development and other goal-oriented achievements.
What You Will Be Doing
- Manage and contribute to employee engagement projects for large brands, requiring knowledge of change management process and principles and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Act as a member of a cross functional team, working with other Weber Shandwick practices, to drive holistic business solutions for our clients that will have tangible and quantitative results on their bottom line
- Develop and implement internal communications & change management programs for clients, consistently producing high quality content
- Serve as daily client contact and act as client lead when appropriate; address client issues thoughtfully and effectively
- Build relationships with clients and colleague at all levels
- Owns client communications with supervision from manager; can reliably represent agency to external stakeholders
- Supports responses to new business opportunities as needed including idea contribution, research and proposal preparation
- Integrates junior staff into workflow scenarios; possesses the ability to delegate tasks while still remaining accountable for outcomes
- Supervise junior staff by motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, holding them accountable and conducting their reviews
What We Are Looking For
- Excellent verbal, written, project management and presentation skills
- Master’s Degree in Organizational Development or related field is a plus
- Certification in change management methodology (e.g. PROSCI) is a plus
- Self-directed problem-solver with the ability to develop creative solutions and influence others to action
- Ability to professionally interface with clients
- Exhibits a willingness to learn and adapt
- Able to drive results even in ambiguous situations, able to quickly take ownership of process or deliverables
- Shows exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors
- Ability to share insights, distill findings, and trends with teams in order to mobilize, develop and motivate
- Exhibits a strong commitment to agency and personal career success
- Consistently meets (often tight) deadlines
- Emphasizes attention to detail and quality, while working with a sense of urgency
- 6-8 years’ experience driving internal communications strategies and change management initiatives for large complex organizations – either from the perspective of an agency or a consulting firm, or within a dynamic in-house communications firm
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations, English or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
United Minds is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. United Minds recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.