Group Creative Director
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
We’re looking for an innovative Group Creative Director with agency or other creative environment background who will manage several large-scale accounts. We’re seeking someone who is a highly conceptual problem solver, an articulate presenter of ideas, a builder of strong client relationships, and a manager of creative teams who will help us convey our clients’ messaging in new and ground-breaking ways. You’ll have the chance to join a team that creates award-winning work for national and global brands across social, traditional, and earned media including clients in the healthcare/pharmaceutical vertical.
You’ll be someone who values mentoring and managing teams of senior and junior creatives through example, with a keen eye for organization and detail. You know how to motivate a team, tap into their passion, drive and innovation with a sense of integrity, honesty and humility. A true leader who isn’t afraid of getting your hands dirty and creating work alongside them.
You will work closely with the Executive Creative Director as well as project management, production, and account leads to help propel the work forward and help win new business.
- Oversee multiple accounts, art directors, copywriters and videographers to find solutions for clients
- Partner with strategists and account teams to develop creative solutions and campaigns that strengthen clients' market positions
- Lead concepting, creative development, and presentation for new business efforts
- Collaborate with teams across the region and the agency to maximize strategic resources
- Generate innovative ideas across all existing and emerging digital platforms and inspire colleagues to create world-class, pioneering ideas
- Cultivate an inclusive culture within the team that values trust, honesty, and team accountability while promoting continual creative integrity and growth
- Articulate and justify conceptual and design choices
- Inspire, teach and mentor members of the creative team members in further developing ideas to consistently make high-quality, award-winning work
- With the Executive Creative Director, steer collaborative efforts of the creative team
- Continually grow practices and processes to inspire, innovate, and evoke new ways of thinking
- Values teamwork, inclusivity, honesty, trust and team accountability
- A strong portfolio of work
- Prior healthcare/public health experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple clients and the creative development process in a client-services environment
- Advanced knowledge of interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process
- Deep-seated ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely, helpful feedback to improve creative processes and to keep work on budget and schedule
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities, both internal and client-facing
- Ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs
- Successful experience mentoring teams and inspiring them to work collaboratively
- A real understanding of what makes for compelling work
- The ability to concept across a broad range of media, in a variety of tones and voices
- Video production experience – whether for online video, TV, etc. – and the ability to storyboard and art direct concise scripts accordingly
- An authentic attitude geared towards positive, solutions-focused action that always comes from a place of respect and inclusion
- Stay up to date with cultural and industry (ours and our clients’) trends
- A willingness to push creative boundaries
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment
- Exceptional judgment when working with clients, teams and vendors
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial and endlessly curious
- Work in digital agencies a plus
- Education in advertising design and conceptual thinking is preferred.
- General awareness of Adobe Creative Suite and applications
NOTE: If you are selected for an interview, please come prepared to discuss and showcase your skills, and walk through your conceptual/strategic creative approach to assignments (show us how your brain works). Use whatever work or case studies necessary to best represent these areas of expertise.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We welcome and encourage black & indigenous people, people of color, caregivers, people with disabilities, foreign nationals, veterans, gender non-conforming people and people from other diverse backgrounds to apply.
Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and marketing services firm in 78 cities with a network extending to 128 cities around the world. The firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. Weber Shandwick was the only public relations agency included on the Advertising Age Agency A-list in 2014 and 2015 and the only PR firm designated an A-List Agency Standout in 2017 and 2018. Weber Shandwick was honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, The Holmes Report’s Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017, and The Holmes Report’s Global Digital Agency of the Year in 2016. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, employee engagement, social impact, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.