Washington, District of Columbia, United States
We’re looking for a talented Senior Designer to join our team in Washington, DC in person or remotely.
Working alongside a copywriter and art director team, this Senior Designer will spend most of their time working toward a variety of design objectives on behalf of a range of clients across industries including for clients in the healthcare/pharmaceutical vertical.
The candidate must be comfortable directly engaging with clients and bringing their creative ideas to life. Working with some of the most talented copywriters and designers, this candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Develop strong print and digital design for a wide range of assignments, including branding, social content, lay-out, storyboarding, mockups, infographics, presentations, print collateral and signage.
- Strong typographic, illustration, and lay-out skills needed in a Mac-based environment.
- Direct and mentor junior team members and collaborate with colleagues across teams.
- Build and maintain rapport with creative team personnel, account managers and project managers.
- Illustration and/or motion graphics abilities a plus.
- Cultivate an inclusive culture as a part of the team that values trust, honesty, and team accountability towards defined goals and results
- 5+ years of design experience in a related agency, department or industry (advertising, digital, social media, publishing/content or public relations).
- Must have a portfolio (share anything that conveys the way you think or approach assignments, even if it was never produced; we like rough sketches).
- Art education in advertising design and conceptual thinking is preferred.
- Prior healthcare/public health experience
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and accurately within all required aspects of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) as well as presentation software (PowerPoint); any After Effects animation skills will be utilized.
- Must be curious, self-motivated, hard-working, well-organized, thick skinned and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables.
- Ongoing drive to learn and incorporate new and emerging techniques, trends and philosophies in design, technology, interaction and social media.
- Bonus skills: illustration, photography, retouching, HTML.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We welcome and encourage black & indigenous people, people of color, caregivers, people with disabilities, foreign nationals, veterans, gender non-conforming people and people from other diverse backgrounds to apply.
Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
NOTE: If you are selected for an interview, please come prepared to discuss and showcase your design skills, and walk through your conceptual/strategic creative approach to assignments (show us how your brain works). Use whatever work or case studies necessary to best represent these areas of expertise.
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and marketing services firm in 78 cities with a network extending to 128 cities around the world. The firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. Weber Shandwick was the only public relations agency included on the Advertising Age Agency A-list in 2014 and 2015 and the only PR firm designated an A-List Agency Standout in 2017 and 2018. Weber Shandwick was honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, The Holmes Report’s Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017, and The Holmes Report’s Global Digital Agency of the Year in 2016. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, employee engagement, social impact, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.