Associate (Corporate Affairs)
London, England, United Kingdom
Account Executives in our Corporate Affairs practice are dynamic, enthusiastic and motivated. You have experience in media relations or PR, are a keen consumer of national media, with a great sense of what makes a strong news story and an appetite to achieve results for our clients. The Account Executive will have well-rounded communications skills and exceptional organisational and research skills, with the ability to manage deadlines and work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment. You will have an understanding and a passion to learn about the role of digital communications.
What will you be doing?
- Media relations, including pitching to journalists
- Media monitoring and research
- Operational support on client projects, as directed
- Account management support, for example client status reports and media coverage reports
- Development of written copy and media materials such as client briefings, press releases, media pitches and digital content
- Completion of time sheets on a daily basis, in line with contractual requirements
- Contribution to the wider practice through team meetings and other activities
Who are you?
- You have knowledge of UK media landscape with a strong grasp of what makes a good news story.
- You can confidently “sell in” material across a broad range of media, often working to tight deadlines.
- You are organised and proactive, finding new story angles and opportunities.
- You have the ability to prioritise your own workload in order to ensure you meet deadlines and objectives.
- You have strong copywriting skills, with attention to detail and the ability to write appropriate copy for different audiences.
- You have the ability to interrogate and analyse from a variety of sources and ensure that research you undertake is credible and comprehensive.
- Knowledge and awareness of developments in the public and national media debate on issues concerned with corporate governance and reputation.
- You offer new ideas to support client work.
- You are a team player, proactively volunteering to support team members where needed.
- You will be able to mentor more junior team members effectively to deliver high quality projects and client work.
Even better if:
- You have knowledge and awareness of PR industry and campaign innovation
Note from the Talent team:
We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, down to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.