Vice President, Integrated Project Management
Chicago, Illinois, United States
The VP, Project Management has overall accountability for all aspects of portfolio operations within the Chicago healthcare practice. This role partners with the practice and account leads, in Chicago and beyond, to manage the financial health and institute best practices in operations and program management. He/she is responsible for the optimization of a dynamic resourcing structure, ensuring the right skill sets are applied to the work to serve the business requirements, optimize for utilization and maintain exceptional deliverable quality.
One of the most important aspects of this position is the ability to be the conductor of the project/team and be a proactive, solution-oriented, operationally strategic leader on large, integrated programs. This role is also responsible for oversight of the day-to-day project managers, acting as a point of escalation while providing career management of his/her direct reports.
- Professionally leads business operations with a focus on balancing quality, cost and schedule while managing client expectations
- Primary agency contact relative to financial management of the account (SOW development; monitoring and tracking deliverables and budgets; change management and reporting). Partners closely with agency account and finance leads
- Creates or reviews all statement of work documentation; accountable for accurate and detailed estimation to ensure scopes accurately reflect required effort
- Owns change management process and works with account team to communicate project health proactively to clients
- Supports cross-functional teams on roles and responsibilities, process and templates
- Partners with cross-practice and account leads to identify and manage resource needs
- Supports client new-business opportunities
- Provides a breadth of process and business skills as well as hands-on experience that fosters credibility and drives thought leadership
- Able to negotiate conflict, manage differences of opinion, and communicate effectively
Skills & Experience
- 8-12 years of professional project management experience in an agency setting, preferably in corporate communications, content Experience in public relations, management consulting is a plus but not required
- Expert skills in scoping, pricing, and timeline development for large, complex programs
- Ability to assess existing processes and identify opportunities to increase efficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in collaboration tools such as Microsoft Products and Smartsheets
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.