Junior Associate, CX Healthcare
New York, New York, United States
The Weber Shandwick Healthcare practice is seeking an Junior Associate to join its growing New York office.
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and marketing services firm in 78 cities with a network extending to 128 cities around the world. The firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. Weber Shandwick was the only public relations agency included on the Advertising Age Agency A-list in 2014 and 2015 and the only PR firm designated an A-List Agency Standout in 2017 and 2018. Weber Shandwick was honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, The Holmes Report’s Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017, and The Holmes Report’s Global Digital Agency of the Year in 2016. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, employee engagement, social impact, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.
What You Will Be Doing
We are seeking someone who is passionate about healthcare and making a difference in the lives of patients living with various diseases and conditions.The Weber Shandwick New York office is currently seeking an eager, detail-oriented Junior Associate for its Health Practice. The ideal candidate has experience working on healthcare media relations/campaigns, conducting traditional and social/digital media outreach and developing communications materials. Strong writing skills are a must
- Develop media materials (press releases, pitch emails, reporter backgrounders, social media posts)
- Develop targeted media lists and learn/follow clients' priority media: top-tier, trade, social influencers, etc.
- Conduct research and media audits independently
- Deliver accurate and timely media monitoring and campaign results reports to reviewer
- Maintain and update status reports, including materials trackers, media trackers, conference/event trackers
- Participate in client meetings and/or teleconferences, accurately capture meeting notes, next steps
- Bachelor's Degree
- 0-2 years Healthcare and/or PR/Media agency experience
- Interest in healthcare and life sciences fields
- Professional demeanor
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as autonomously
- Can prioritize multiple tasks and manage time in a consistent manner
- Experience with coordinating vendors and external partners
- Some experience working directly with clients
- Resourceful and effective problem solver
- Experience pitching healthcare media and securing stories
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.