Detroit, Michigan, United States
Weber Shandwick Detroit is seeking an Art Director with strong digital design expertise to join our General Motors creative team. We are looking for someone with the right combination of conceptual approach, self-motivation, and artistic skills necessary to create, sell, and execute impactful ideas for our clients. This person will be instrumental in defining the conceptual approach and design direction for a variety of General Motors brands and assignments across a wide range of communication strategies and channels. They need to be obsessive about making things look great. Brand consistency, a passion for type and design, and the ability to visually convey their ideas through beautiful comps and presentations must be in their DNA.
- Crafting stories and building brands through campaign-level thinking and execution
- Ongoing development of new ideas, creative concepts, and design solutions
- Creation of production-ready designs and layouts, establish the look/tone/feel for campaigns and executions and convey ideas through well-designed presentations
- Ensure all visual design adheres to existing brand guidelines
- Work with creative directors, copywriters, producers, clients, and other team members to flesh out the creative development of ideas and tactical executions
- Translate video story ideas into visual approaches through storyboards, framing, location scouting, set design and wardrobe recommendations, etc.
- Develop original concepts across print, digital, social and video disciplines and see through to completion Education and Experience:
- Art direction and/or design experience in a related agency or department (advertising, PR, digital, social media, and/or publishing/content)
- Art education in advertising design and conceptual thinking is preferred
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and accurately within all required aspects of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) as well as presentation tools such as PowerPoint and Google Slides
- Must be self-motivated, hard-working, well-organized, and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables
- Must be passionate about design in the digital and social space, with an understanding of platforms and formats such as Instagram or Snapchat Stories, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, AR and VR
- Ongoing drive to understand emerging techniques, trends and philosophies in design, technology, interaction, social media and storytelling through content
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in the automotive industry is preferred (not mandatory)
- Must have a portfolio (share anything that conveys the way you think or approach assignments, even if it was never produced; we like chicken scratches)
- Bonus Skills: illustration, animation, photography, retouching, filmmaking, videography, UX/UI, HTML
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.