Vice President, Client Experience, Healthcare
New York, New York, United States
DNA helps its client partners negotiate the healthcare sector’s ever-changing commercial, regulatory, scientific and communications landscape. DNA understands that every patient, disease and therapy is different. As is every message, stakeholder and challenge.
Therefore, DNA’s approach involves: Different thinking to develop strategically relevant platforms with clear and measurable goals; applying Different insight to understand how to change the behavior of those it engages with and; adopting a Different attitude to inject a real sense of passion and collaborative spirit into everything it does.
This meaningful development of strategic, engagement, educational and behavioral change programs ensures DNA can help deliver initiatives which are As Different as You.
DNA has won two Cannes Bronze Lions awards in the past two year and 15 awards for creative execution in the past year, including a Global Sabre as one of the best 5 campaigns executed worldwide. It’s not by accident. We have a Creativity team focused on finding a spark for all that we do, from brainstorms to weekly creative power hours. And we host an annual Creativity Day centered around an off-site activity, like a trip to the museum or an improv class, all designed to excite an inspire.
DNA prides itself on delivering a difference making employee experience. We invest in our team and put culture front and center through a variety of programs, policies and events. It’s all about growth an opportunity. If you are looking for a company where you will have the chance to contribute, grow and set a career path that meets your interests and delivers on your ambitions, DNA is an ideal employer. We are a global agency with staff in 10 markets on four continents. Yet, our close-knit agency environment will ensure that you will have ample opportunity for visibility with senior management who will make a personal investment in your career. And, as part of a large global IPG network with seamless integration with our sister agencies, such as Weber Shandwick and large advertising agencies, you’ll have access to world class resources and endless exposure to the most cutting-edge marketing approaches. If you are ambitious, energetic and excited to have a voice in shaping an agency and the future of healthcare communications, we hope you’ll join us. We’re an agency whose fast pace of growth and influence, is matched only by the advancement opportunities we offer our employees. DNA – As Different as you.
What We Are Looking For
DNA is currently seeking a Vice President, Client Experience to join our team of conversation-starters, strategists, storytellers, PhD-level scientists, writers, designers and builders. This role will be responsible for leading a large-scale client relationship and working closely with a cross-functional team of people from across the broader IPG network. The ideal candidate possesses a strong interest in consumer awareness initiatives, is curious and excited to experiment and explore new ideas/new channels, is proactive, resourceful, has an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoys growing and cultivating staff.
The Vice President is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the team and will have regular exposure to both internal and client senior management. The candidate is also accountable for collaborating with the DNA leadership team and supporting new business development efforts.
What You Will Be Doing
- Serve as a primary contact for the client, address any issues, troubleshoot problems and provide strategic counsel
- Serve as partner to account SVP, proactively driving all elements of day-to-day forward with the team
- Keep client programs on schedule and ensure all deadlines are met
- Develop and maintain extremely strong interpersonal relationships with senior clients and internal team
- Proactively handle client problems and issues quickly and adeptly
- Develop quality standards and ensure client satisfaction
- Support development of new business initiatives
- Participate in new business pitch development and/or presentations
- Oversee integrated media specialists, ensuring the team delivers results
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance to account team
- Develop and coach account team for peak performance
- Conduct performance appraisal of direct reports
- Ensure quality work from team in order to meet/exceed client expectations
- Attend account reviews and staff meetings
- Provide ongoing communications and feedback
- Key contact for internal account staff to address issues
- Budget management
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8-9 years’ related professional experience (5-6 years of which should be at a PR agency)
- Pharmaceutical and/or biotech experience is required
- Ophthalmology experience a plus
- Disease awareness campaign experience a plus
- New business development experience a plus
DNA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DNA recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.