Vice President, Finance
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Weber Shandwick is looking for a Vice President of Finance for our Chicago Office.
As a strategic partner to multiple Weber Shandwick practice MD’s in the Chicago office, the Vice President, Finance is responsible for overseeing multiple Chicago practice groups financial administration, goal, objectives and budgets. The VP provides direction for financial operations including reporting, forecasting, budgeting, analysis and decision support.
- Responsible for financial management, P&L month end close, financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting, process compliance and staffing
- As strategic partner to the MD, provide insightful and proactive financial counsel. Conduct regular meetings to discuss financial health of the business and share knowledge/insights about results to date, forecast and revenue pipeline. Partner with MD and Central Geo EVP Finance to proactively offer suggestions on how to impact future trends
- Will work on client and vendor contract issues, negotiation of bill rates, volume discounts and financial incentives.
- Provide local leadership with utilization, realization metrics on a monthly basis and review client profitability
- Ensure written client agreement is obtained (via contract, letter of agreement, signed SOW, etc..) for all work
- Direct Chicago finance team in communication with clients regarding budgets, billing and AR/AP issues
- Partner with WS Procurement and Finance Leadership with strategic relationships with procurement/purchasing contacts where applicable
- Communicate areas of risk or exposure to Practice area MD’s as needed
- Ensure local compliance with US GAAP and business processes
- Meet as needed with MD’s to asses forecasted revenue and staffing needs to align to revenue
- Share best practices, good ideas, and mistakes freely to establish trust, transparency and teamwork
- Develop strong professional relationships within the Chicago office and WS WW network
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or accounting
- Advanced knowledge of financial systems, strong Microsoft Excel skills (Hyperion is a plus)
- Demonstrated experience in US GAAP and internal controls
- Experience in forward thinking analytics, i.e. utilization, realization, over – under servicing, staffing metrics and SOW pricing
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Client service oriented and fosters positive working relationships
- Well organized with strong time management skills and attention to detail; follow through on multiple projects and juggles conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment
- Strong financial planning and analytics skills, good business acumen
- Able to articulate complex financial concepts in layman’s terms
- Leads by example, demonstrates strong work ethic, has initiative and is a self-starter
- Skilled in conflict resolution and is a problem solver
- Professional services or agency industry experience is preferred.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.