Senior Vice President, Client Experience, Healthcare
San Francisco, California, United States
SVP, Bay Area Healthcare & Corporate Practice
At a time when the healthcare landscape is changing almost daily, Weber Shandwick’s health practice is ready to meet clients’ needs. Our seasoned healthcare strategists make health issues matter. For us, health is the foundation of a better world. Our approach goes beyond disseminating messages; it is about establishing meaningful connections. We create and foster thoughtful dialogue.
The Weber Shandwick Bay Area office is currently seeking a Client Experience Lead at the SVP Level for its thriving Healthcare Practice to work on a fast-growing California based client. The ideal candidate will have experience in the healthcare provider space with a strong background in healthcare policy (both federally and in the State of California).
- Serve as a business partner with senior level clients – offering a unique POV, identifying emerging trends, offering recommended solutions to business challenges beyond the assigned tasks/priorities
- Earn the confidence of senior client contacts and other executives within the client's organization
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of health and healthcare provider space
- Develop long-term plans and programs, including strategy and recommendations; partner with senior management as appropriate to develop strategic and creative approach
- Lead the creative development process for client programs by leading agency brainstorms, marshaling appropriate resources and writing program recommendations in a creative, compelling way
- Actively build client relationships by heading and initiating review meetings, tapping network expertized to engage clients on high-level initiatives and campaigns
- Address any issues, troubleshoot problems and provide strategic counsel to team
- Understand industry and societal issues that directly and indirectly affect the client by active consumption of five to ten (5-10) national/client-specific media channels per month
- Maintain solid understanding of “big picture” view of client programs and relationship: maintain awareness of future client events and activities and how they impact agency
- 12+ years public relations experience, healthcare background preferred.
- Ability to efficiently manage cross-office teams
- Experience in counseling executive-level leaders in policy trends, issues and potential changes that may impact business
- Ability to be both strategic and hands on to meet clients' needs
- Experience managing large teams, mentoring staff, conducting performance reviews, and making hiring recommendations
- Strong time and priority management skills and an ability to juggle multiple client needs
- Ability to communicate information effectively and accurately, verbally or in writing
- A high level of integrity and sensitivity to confidential information
- A strong work ethic and an ability to be a self-starter
- Computer proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- MUST have Agency experience
- BA or BS in Communications or related degree
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.