Inspiring Dialogue, Driving Change
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Today more than ever, as we witness the collision of COVID-19 disparities and racial injustice – and the profound impact on individuals, communities and society – businesses must identify, acknowledge and address opportunities to do better with speed and transparency. Rooted in the belief that dialogue drives engagement, understanding, trust and outcomes, Weber Shandwick’s people-first approach focuses on communications as the key to designing, deploying and measuring strategies for improving diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) inside and out.
In partnership with our global management consultancy, United Minds, our change management experts work with clients across a broad range of industries and sectors, leveraging data and insights to assess where an organization is at in its DE&I journey to better define and achieve outcomes. In parallel, our global communications specialists build modern media and creative strategies that help businesses communicate their commitments and remain accountable to stakeholders throughout the process. We bring together a powerful, integrated network of DE&I, public affairs, social impact, crisis, employee engagement and change management consultants to ensure that the stated values and behaviors of organizations aren’t just words on a page, but visible manifestations of the way they do business.
We're Known For...
- Auditing DE&I metrics and perceptions to identify and address gaps
- Conducting discovery and benchmarking exercises to root DE&I efforts in data and insights
- Advising Chief Diversity Officers and DE&I Task Forces
- Storytelling, including adding DE&I pillars within corporate narratives
- Assessing culture of inclusion and implementing change management
- Developing internal and external campaigns and messaging for communicating DE&I initiatives
- Creating and implementing peer mentoring systems
- Hosting employee trainings and workshops
- Auditing external partners and sponsors
- Developing strategy for media positioning through DE&I lens
- Identifying opportunities for civic and social impact
- Mitigating risk via reputation/crisis management and issue advocacy strategy
May 14, 2021
United Minds Study Reveals Gap Between Company DE&I Efforts and Employee Experiences
Change management consultancy United Minds’ report, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: A People Imperative, finds that many employees are either doubtful or uncertain about the effectiveness of their employer’s DE&I efforts, and that even amid heightened attention on the importance of advancing DE&I, bad behavior and lack of commitment persists within organizations.
May 20, 2021
The Return-to-Work Paradox
To ensure the continued safety of the workforce, every employer will need to have a plan for how they’re going to handle vaccination issues — not just when it comes to workplace safety but how to accelerate getting their workforce vaccinated and back to work.
Published by TLNT
Mar 25, 2021
Accelerating Progress for Structural Inequities
This advisory shares the wider context behind the business case for greater investment in solutions to structural inequities and outlines a roadmap for corporate decision-makers on how to accelerate progress on diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I).
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Team
Tai Wingfield, Global
Executive Vice President, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, United Minds