Inspiring Dialogue, Driving Change
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Today more than ever, as we witness the collision of COVID-19 disparities and racial injustice – and the profound impact on individuals, communities and society – businesses must identify, acknowledge and address opportunities to do better with speed and transparency. Rooted in the belief that dialogue drives engagement, understanding, trust and outcomes, Weber Shandwick’s people-first approach focuses on communications as the key to designing, deploying and measuring strategies for improving diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) inside and out.
In partnership with our global management consultancy, United Minds, our change management experts work with clients across a broad range of industries and sectors, leveraging data and insights to assess where an organization is at in its DE&I journey to better define and achieve outcomes. In parallel, our global communications specialists build modern media and creative strategies that help businesses communicate their commitments and remain accountable to stakeholders throughout the process. We bring together a powerful, integrated network of DE&I, public affairs, social impact, crisis, employee engagement and change management consultants to ensure that the stated values and behaviors of organizations aren’t just words on a page, but visible manifestations of the way they do business.
We're Known For...
- Auditing DE&I metrics and perceptions to identify and address gaps
- Conducting discovery and benchmarking exercises to root DE&I efforts in data and insights
- Advising Chief Diversity Officers and DE&I Task Forces
- Storytelling, including adding DE&I pillars within corporate narratives
- Assessing culture of inclusion and implementing change management
- Developing internal and external campaigns and messaging for communicating DE&I initiatives
- Creating and implementing peer mentoring systems
- Hosting employee trainings and workshops
- Auditing external partners and sponsors
- Developing strategy for media positioning through DE&I lens
- Identifying opportunities for civic and social impact
- Mitigating risk via reputation/crisis management and issue advocacy strategy
Sep 21, 2020
The Standard Corporate Diversity Playbook Will Not Solve Inequity
“There is no playbook or one-size-fits-all approach to building an anti-racist organization. Rather, companies will need to do the on-going work to evaluate where they are on their journey and take appropriate action.” – SVP, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Tai Wingfield
Published by Provoke
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Team
Tai Wingfield, Global
Senior Vice President, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, United Minds