Weber Shandwick Most Awarded PR Firm at IPRA 2011 Golden World Awards
NEW YORK, June 30, 2011– Weber Shandwick, a leading global public relations firm, and its clients were honored with more International Public Relations Association (IPRA) 2011 Golden World Awards than any other PR firm.
Since 1991, the IPRA Golden World Awards have annually recognized the best in public relations work from around the world. The awards currently attract more than 400 entries from 50 countries and are organized in a series of categories covering the full gamut of public relations activities.
“We are honored to be recognized with these prestigious awards, representing best-in-class work from all around our global network,” said Andy Polansky, president of Weber Shandwick. “The campaign awards reflect our firm’s expertise in a range of practice and specialty areas.”
Weber Shandwick’s winning client campaigns include:
- Community Relations: YOUTH’10 – Malaysia’s Largest Youth Festival, Youth Asia, Weber Shandwick (Malaysia)
- Consumer PR for an Existing Service: McDonald’s “Makes Room for Happiness,” McDonald’s China, Weber Shandwick (China)
- Crisis Management: American Airlines and the oneworld Alliance Win the Battle for Japan Airlines, American Airlines, Weber Shandwick (USA and Japan)
- Financial Services and Investor Relations: Sabana REIT: Singapore’s First Shariah-Compliant Listing, Sabana REIT, Weber Shandwick (Singapore)
- Healthcare: Pfizer’s Enbrel Awareness in China, Pfizer, Weber Shandwick (China)
- Launch of a New Product: Nanny on Board: the Launch of the Meriva, Opel Spain, Weber Shandwick (Spain)
- Media Relations: Think About Your Eyes Campaign Launch, Think About Your Eyes, Weber Shandwick (USA)
- Online Crisis Communications: Bomb Threat Response: American Airlines Tweets with Passengers Aboard Flight AA24, American Airlines, Weber Shandwick (USA)
- Sponsorship: Creating a Sunrise Before Daybreak for EDF Energy, EDF Energy, Weber Shandwick (UK)
- Technology: Microsoft Journey to the Cloud, Microsoft, Weber Shandwick (Indonesia)
These latest awards continue to build on Weber Shandwick’s industry honors, which include being named a Digital Firm of the Year by PR News, a Top 4 Employer for Social Media Professionals by Mashable, a Best Large Agency to Work for by The Holmes Report, an Advertising Age Agency of the Decade, CR Magazine’s Top Corporate Responsibility Advisory Firm and Marketing Magazine’s 2011 Hong Kong Agency of the Year.