Weber Shandwick Honored with Nine North American SABRE Awards, Including Best in Show
NEW YORK, May 11, 2011 – Weber Shandwick, a leading global public relations firm, and its clients were honored with nine North American SABRE Awards last night at the annual awards event, sponsored by The Holmes Report. The firm received five Gold, two Silver and one Bronze SABRE Award for client programs across a range of practice and specialty areas. In addition, the firm was honored with the Best in Show/Platinum Award for PR Campaign of the Year, in partnership with PepsiCo and Edelman on behalf of its work for the Pepsi Refresh Project.
In partnership with the Pepsi team, Weber Shandwick developed and managed the social media strategy and activation for the Pepsi Refresh Project, the game-changing initiative that focused on turning good ideas into action.
“Delivering innovative, best-in-class work is a pillar of the firm and it is an honor to be recognized by these prestigious awards. This is a continued testament to our people’s unwavering commitment to innovation, creativity and client service,” said Andy Polansky, president, Weber Shandwick.
The finalists were chosen from close to 2,000 entries submitted this year and represent “some of the strongest programming in the history of the competition,” according to The Holmes Report. This year’s Weber Shandwick winning client campaigns are:
Platinum SABRE (Best in Show):
- PR Campaign of the Year: “Pepsi Refresh Project,” PepsiCo with Weber Shandwick and Edelman
- Corporate Image: “An American Comeback Story,” General Motors with Weber Shandwick
- Employee Communications: “Fuel Smart: American Airlines Employees Make a Difference,” American Airlines with Weber Shandwick
- Crisis Management: “Bomb Threat Response: American Airlines Tweets with Passengers Aboard Flight AA24,” American Airlines with Weber Shandwick
- Social Media/Social Networking Campaign: “Pepsi Refresh Project,” PepsiCo with Weber Shandwick and Edelman Canadian Campaign: “Best Buy Best In Class Fund,” Best Buy Canada with Weber Shandwick
- Real Estate and Construction: “Building Thought-Leadership for a Leading Architecture Firm,” Perkins & Will with Weber Shandwick
- Associations: “Saving Lives and Setting a National Example for Quality Healthcare: the Florida Surgical Care Initiative,” The American College of Surgeons and the Florida Hospital Association with Weber Shandwick
- Blog: “The Future is Electric for Western Region,” GM Western Region Communications with Weber Shandwick
These latest awards continue to build on Weber Shandwick’s industry honors, which include being named a Digital Firm of the Year by PR News, a Top 4 Employer for Social Media Professionals by Mashable, Advertising Age’s A-List and Agency of the Decade, CR Magazine’s Top Corporate Responsibility Advisory Firm, PR Agency of the Year by the American Business Awards, International Consultancy of the Year at both the PRWeek Awards and the Public Relations Consultants Association (PRCA) Awards, and Agency of the Year at the European Excellence Awards.