Weber Shandwick Honored with Eight North American SABRE Awards
NEW YORK, May 9, 2012 – Weber Shandwick, a leading global public relations firm, and its clients were honored with eight North American SABRE Awards last night at the annual event, sponsored by The Holmes Report. The firm received the coveted Diamond SABRE for its work on behalf of General Motors, in addition to four Gold and three Silver SABRE Awards for client programs across a range of practice and specialty areas.
“In this new era of engagement, clients increasingly rely on us to deliver compelling, innovative work. We share this honor with them and deeply appreciate their continued trust and partnership. We also recognize our dedicated employees around the globe, who consistently produce best-in-class work and dedication to client service,” said Andy Polansky, president, Weber Shandwick.
This year’s Weber Shandwick winning client campaigns are:
- Company of the Year: “Closing the Perception Gap: Compelling Content Paves GM’s Way Back to No. 1,” General Motors with Weber Shandwick
- Corporate Social Responsibility: “American Airlines Reduces Its Carbon Footprint,” American Airlines with Weber Shandwick
- Automotive: “General Motors Revival: GM Dealers Take Comeback Story to the Streets,” General Motors with Weber Shandwick
- Food Service: “Thank You for Suing Us, Taco Bell’s Response to Lawsuit Crisis,” Taco Bell and Yum! Brands with Weber Shandwick
- Multimarket Campaign: “Raising IEEE’s Profile From São Paolo to Shanghai,” IEEE with Weber Shandwick
- Website: “The Adrenalist,” Degree for Men with Weber Shandwick
- Digital Press Kit/Digital Press Office: “Treasury Looks Back at 76 Years of Paper U.S. Savings Bonds: Digital Press Room,” Bureau of the Public Debt, U.S. Department of the Treasury with Weber Shandwick
- Widget or Mobile Application: “Mobilizing the Army Strong Story,” U.S. Army with Weber Shandwick
These latest awards continue to build on Weber Shandwick’s industry honors, which include being named Advertising Age‘s Agency of the Decade and CSR A-List agency by PR News. The firm has also been recognized as a “best place to work” around the world and the agency’s client initiatives have been internationally acclaimed.