The Dallas Business Journal Selects Weber Shandwick as a Best Place to Work in 2012
DALLAS, July 24, 2012 – Weber Shandwick, a leading global public relations firm, is proud to announce its Dallas office has once again been recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Dallas Business Journal. The results are based on a third party, independent survey of Weber Shandwick Dallas employees covering topics such as personal growth, professional opportunities and employee recognition.
“We’re focused on building an engaging, inspiring and rewarding environment for our team in Dallas because it helps us bring fresh thinking and the best ideas to our clients,” said Neil Nowlin, general manager, Weber Shandwick Southwest. “It’s a tremendous honor to be recognized for these efforts and a testament to the amazing culture that everyone in Dallas works hard to maintain.”
Some of the unique benefits Weber Shandwick provides employees in its Dallas office include:
- The Army of Fun, an anonymous committee with the power to surprise the office with breakfast tacos, margaritas and Putt Putt tournaments
- A Mind, Body and Soul program that reimburses employees who invest in health and wellness activities
- Opportunities to pursue professional goals by offering additional paid days off and tuition reimbursement
- Numerous volunteer and pro bono initiatives that give back to the local community
- Exchanges with Weber Shandwick offices around the word ranging from short-term visits to long-term assignments
“Our goal is to be recognized as an employer of choice in every market we serve,” said Cathy Calhoun, president, Weber Shandwick North America. “That requires offering our people unique and challenging professional opportunities, investing in ways to connect our employee communities through our custom-built internal social platform and creating a culture that recognizes and rewards exceptional performance. I’m incredibly proud of the team in Dallas for this achievement.”
Weber Shandwick has been recognized as a best place to work in key markets throughout the country and was named one of “Chicago’s Best Workplaces for Women” by Crain’s Chicago Business; one of the “Best Places to Work” for the sixth year in a row by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal; and one of the Top 100 Workplaces by the StarTribune, among others.